Besides using the feature to add extra information, you can equally use it to feature other videos existing in your channel. You can as well conduct polls using the feature just to access your viewers’ minds/opinions.
The video card also offers you the opportunity to suggest other peoples’ videos to your viewers. This is very important if there are other videos that could help to explain better about your topic of discussion.
2. Once the YouTube studio opens, click on the “Content” just below the dashboard button at the left corner of the studio dashboard
4. Hover your mouse over the chosen video to unveil the options available for the video. in the list of options besides the video, click on the ‘Edit video icon’ (Pen icon) as indicated by the red arrow in the image below.
5. Once the Video Edit page opens, go ahead to chose the ‘Add Card’ option at the button of the right corner as indicated by the red arrow in the image below.
6. Once the Add card option pops up, you will have different options of the card to add to your video. For example, you have an option for a Video card, a Playlist card, a Channel card, or a link card. The options have been highlighted with red arrows.
Since we are using video cards as an example in this post, the first option has been highlighted from the list of Cards as indicated by the image below.
7. Once you select the video card option, a pop-up of videos in your channel will show up beside the pop-up right corner is the option to choose any other video on YouTube outside of those in your channel.
8. After clicking on the chosen video, a pop-up of settings for the video card will show up. The settings allow you to set the time which the Video card notification should be shown on the YouTube Video you selected earlier once someone is watching the video in your Channel.
After setting the time, you can add a custom message that should be shown to the viewer or leave the space empty because it is optional.
9. After saving the settings, you can then view the video to check if everything is working as expected. The white arrow on the image below is showing the display of the video card notification while the chosen video is streaming on YouTube.
10. A click on the video card notification will unveil other messages about the card while the video is still streaming. in other words, clicking on the card notification will help to show more information about the video such as the title of the video, number of views, and the Youtube channel that owns the video card or any other form of a card.